Monday, July 26, 2010

My Voice - Live Like the Redeemed

As most of you know, last week I had vocal cord surgery and have another one scheduled for a couple week's Today is my fifth day of total vocal silence in a week and I am actually enjoying it. The problem is that my brain gets louder the more my mouth is quiet. I need an outlet, so for the next six weeks, I am going to blog on my vocal rest days.

Yesterday was an amazing day at church and all I did was sit there and worship (a new thing for me). Ron Stubbs did an amazing job of teaching Ephesians 4 and all night I have been thinking about putting on the clothes of Godliness and being philanthropic with my words. The songs we great too. Fritz Robinson led a team of Billi, Rick and Annie and they did great songs that moved my heart to desire God.

One of the songs we sang is called "We the Redeemed" by Hillsong United. Here is the chorus:

This is the sound of the redeemed
Rising up to praise the King
Our hope is in You
This is the sound of the redeemed
Rising up to praise the King
Singing glorious glorious One You have saved us
Honor and Power and Praise to the Savior.
You are the Answer You are the Answer!

All day, even during church, I have been thinking about this song and the idea of being "We, the Redeemed." To redeem means to buy back. To be redeemed means that you have "been bought back". We were people dead in our sin, destined for hell, separated from God, and then, we were redeemed, bought back by the love of Christ on the Cross. Think of yourself as a former slave, with no hope of future, no chance of surviving and asking "what is the answer to my perilous condition". Then, the King, comes and says, "You are free. I have bought your freedom once and for all. You belong to me, to live as a child of the King." That has to change us...we are no longer slaves, we are eternal royalty, bought into the family by the Creator.

Understanding that We are the Redeemed should change the way we live, the way we act and treat others. We have been saved from slavery and not freed into poverty to make our own way, but instead given the name of the King. Living like the Redeemed means choosing to pursue being more and more like the Answer, Jesus. Living with His attitudes, His attire, living like a freed member of the royal family. When We live like the Redeemed, our lives and the lives of our community will change. People will see Jesus is the answer by the way we live as God's redeemed.


No comments:

Post a Comment